Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Cooking Experience in singapore

I am doing my exchange program in National University of Singapore and staying in PGP residence where I don't have a mess facility. I have canteen but got bored of eating in the canteen just after ten days then I started thinking about cooking myself..?? felt exciting.... My hostel kitchen has all most all the facilities like microwave oven, stove, toaster and many more. I thought of starting maggi noodles.Then went to the supermarket and started searching for maggi noodles. To my luck i did not find maggi then started searching in some other brands.. ironically i am a vegetarian and all the stuff i got had crab, fish, chicken noodles etc. Finally i got some thing which was vegetarian, feeling happy came to hostel kitchen and checked the noodles packet and luckily it did not had masala.ooopphhh!!
Two days after i went to little India ( a place in Singapore where you find all Indian stuff) and bought a lot of maggi packets. Came home started cooking on the induction stove. I have never used an induction stove till now. I did not know how to operate it then got help from fellow cluster-mates and learnt how to operate it. It started boiling slowly and it took almost 1hour for boiling. I cooked my noodles at-last after 1 hour and now the REAL problem.. How to eat?. I bought a plate some days back from the supermarket, but i did not have a spoon or fork. Then struck something.., I remembered the chopsticks which were given to me one week before in our orientation talk. It was very difficult for me to eat with chopsticks but i tried my level best and finished in half an hour ( 30 mins!! quite a task :). This is my first cooking experience in Singapore......Hoping for many more thrills and experiences and definitely lots of experiments... :P

3 comments:

  1. What do u mean by cluster-mates dude? U people have rooms in bunches or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ manikanta: here we have hostels in group of rooms with same kitchen and restroom. The group is called cluster.

    @surya: thanks

    ReplyDelete